Training Credits to be used with Services?

Options
Alexander Ziegler
Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭

I know that some of us are having rolled out something like Training Credits / Education Packs or whatever we call it (something where a Client is purchasing a certain amount of dollars he can then later use for various kinds of training).

I would like to understand if these Training Credits can also be used for Consulting/Services or are you limiting them only to Training? And if you limit them to Training: did you get request from Clients to use them for Consulting/Services? Or are you thinking of changing their usage to offer more ways to redeem them?

Comments

• Carlos Alves
    Carlos Alves TSIA Administrator, Moderator, Founding Member | admin
    Options

I worked with a points/credits system with a pre-determined effort/price table for different engagements, whether consulting or training, depending on the customer's needs. Usually, consulting was more complex, so it cost more credits.

• Bill Hor
    Bill Hor Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭
    Options

Hi - In HPE we have seperate credits for Education and Services. In order for a customer to use a credit for one group with another takes financial and operational agreements / processes.

• Beverly van de Velde
    Beverly van de Velde Member | Enthusiast ✭
    Options

Agreed with Bill's/HPE comment. There are probably GAAP considerations if you tried opening training credits for other services offerings. I would think it could get challenging from a reporting perspective too.