Do you bundle a flat fee for unlimited training and certification with a "partner company" license?

Options
Beverly van de Velde
Beverly van de Velde Member | Enthusiast ✭

If so, is it just a flat fee (e.g., $20K added for each partner company's license to cover the cost of unlimited training and certification exams)?

How do you account for a high volume of partner consultants at a single company? For example, if we only charged $20K for unlimited training and certification, and a partner company has to train more than 6 partner consultants at their company, we/Education Services would lose revenue in the big picture.

How do you account for a low volume of partner consultants at a single company? For example, do you allow them to decline the $20K of unlimited training and certification so they can just purchase a la carte?

That is, do you have different training bundle price points for lower metal tiers (e.g., Silver, Gold, etc.)?

Thanks,

Bev

Best Answer

• Lawrence Kaye
    Lawrence Kaye Member | Guru ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, @Beverly van de Velde:

To address the scaling issues that you identified, I have personally seen several partner programs which included a set number of ILT/VILT course vouchers with the annual partner fee, based on level (e.g., Silver, Gold) and type (e.g., Reseller, SI). Resellers, who didn't require many individuals with technical mastery, received less course vouchers than SIs. In all of these cases, partners received a flat discount on further training seats.

Answers

• Carlos Alves
    Carlos Alves TSIA Administrator, Moderator, Founding Member | admin
    Options

I used to work with Managed Services with unlimited training requests but limited scope. We used this training for onboarding and refresh sessions. One problem we faced when limiting requests was that customers let those for the end of the year, causing them to accumulate.

On the other hand, pre-charging for the unlimited training as a Premium offer was ok for larger customers that we wanted to deepen the relationship.

@Lawrence Kaye , any thoughts?

• Beverly van de Velde
    Beverly van de Velde Member | Enthusiast ✭
    Options

Thanks @Carlos Alves. Although, I'm specifically looking to understand what others are doing for "partners" [who implement software]. Partners have to pay a fee to be an authorized partner, along with meeting other program requirements (e.g., sales & marketing, training, certification, CSAT, revenue). So, they expect discounts on training and the ability to earn MDFs, for example. With this inquiry to the TSIA folks, I seek to understand if anyone is bundling a certain amount of training into the partner license.