Is anybody tracking learning of their Clients with CLP (Continuous Learning Points)?

Options
Alexander Ziegler
Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭

It seems CLP is an emerging currency for tracking learning - I'm wondering who in this group already has experience. How do you convert hours to CLP? How do you issue the CLPs to your Clients? Any other experience?

Best Answers

• Beverly van de Velde
    Beverly van de Velde Member | Enthusiast ✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

We are currently in the process of defining what we will call "OnePoints", which are different values/points associated with various learning or development activities (e.g., course completion, exam development SME, conference speaker, etc.). We will use this point system for extending certified professionals 'active certified status' in lieu of having to recertify. (NOTE: CPEs won't be applicable since they aren't recognized outside of NAM.)

• Bill Hor
    Bill Hor Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

We have implemented a program called the Knowledge Club that awards points for attendance in slect courses. You can learn more by going to https://education.hpe.com/ww/en/training/knowledge-club.html

Answers

• Carlos Alves
    Carlos Alves TSIA Administrator, Moderator, Founding Member | admin
    Options

As a user, I saw the Google Cloud program on AI training. It counts points, unlocks content, and guides the curricula.

• Alexander Ziegler
    Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

@Beverly van de Velde this is interesting and good to hear that there is somebody else looking into this. We decided on IBM side that I'll go ahead in running a pilot (early December) and we'll come up similar to you with a Points System long-term (to be released latest middle of next year), and I'll align our points to the most commonly used CLP rules (as there is not yet a common standard but lots of similar rules).

If anybody is interested please ping me - I assume this topic will grow as in NA there seems to be a quite big focus.

• Beverly van de Velde
    Beverly van de Velde Member | Enthusiast ✭
    Options

The challenging part is automating the points. We are requiring the individuals to track their own evidence of points to reach the total needed to keep an active certified status.