Do you have Support Contact limits?

Options
Christina Luna
Christina Luna Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Looking for any insight on this question - whether you have something similar or decided against this approach for any reason.

Are there any member companies that have a minimum or maximum number of customer portal users that can create or submit online tickets/cases? If yes, what are the min/max limits and do they vary by Support Plan or Service Offer?

If you don't have these limits, have you considered it? Is there a business reason you chose not to implement?

Answers

• Carlos Alves
    Carlos Alves TSIA Administrator, Moderator, Founding Member | admin
    edited February 21
    Options

Hi, @Christina Luna : I always was against and created offers with no limits for support contacts. It can slow down the sales process and be an issue for the customer experience. For the service provider, it'd be better to limit since it'd lead to predictable costs and resourcing. However, in the customer's mind, the question would be: "How do I know how many times I'll need to call?"

I worked with a SW company long ago that limited our support calls. It was too complicated, and we preferred to solve the issues ourselves before contacting support. It slowed down implementations, customer onboarding, etc.

I worked with pre-paid packages or new sales for this quantity regarding new projects, onboarding, or inquiries.