TSIA World Envision Conference Las Vegas Oct 21-23
Register now!

Best survey mechanism for SaaS Industry

Hi all,

What is the most common survey mechanism / method or tool of choice suitable for the SaaS industry? I see CSAT, CES and NPS or a hybrid of the mentioned as some common examples

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Alexander Ziegler
    Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭

Hi, there is data that more than 50% of the Fortune 500 are using NPS to drive their business forward. According to lots of research, NPS makes especially sense, once you add the question "Why did you give this evaluation". It helps you quickly identify reasons for trends or reasons for anomalies. The pure NPS value can be misleading.
    According to my personal experience, the above approach works perfectly well - and if you use now AI to do analysis of the comments then there is already research that in large data sets this can be very fast and very strong in the results.

I also made the experience that sometimes Leaders and/or businesses with a more conservative approach are sceptical (and do not believe that most Fortune 500 are doing the right thing ;-) ) - in this case, my personal experience is to use some CSAT to get some details and focus the overall work on NPS. Even with not as easy for the Client the experience can still be ok for Clients - and you can avoid some fights where people are in favor of CSAT. Research is overall very clear that only CSAT and NPS are the most used approaches, CES is no longer in focus (but still used for whatever reasons)

• @Alexander Ziegler Awesome, thank you for your insights

Go to the TSIA Portal for more information and insights.