TSIA World Envision Conference Las Vegas Oct 21-23
Register now!

B2B SaaS GTM Use Cases for Generative AI Tools

I've listened to the TSIA podcast "Applying the AI First Mentality to Revenue Generation."

What was most informative was not what was said, but what was omitted in the dialogue.

Customer buyer segmentation and tailored narrative development are important GTM skills. However, based on my experience with several enterprise software vendors, their marketing and sales enablement resources still tend to align with SysAdmin personas (not decision-makers).

Moreover, most vendors continue to create one-size-fits-all content assets that are product-oriented, without mentioning the desired business outcomes that decision-makers crave.

Furthermore, creating meaningful and substantive industry-specific narratives is rare. Why? Because few vendor product marketing organizations have employees with customer domain experience. Again, the focal point for content development is the familiar product speeds/feeds.

I believe directly addressing and solving these well-known issues is an untapped opportunity for vendors to apply GenAI tools to help them fill this go-to-market skills and experience void.

The typical large enterprise customer is not restricted to one buyer archetype. Yes, SysAdmins and their managers are easy to engage. But rarely are they the key decision-makers. Customer line of business leaders and their C-suite don't care about our speeds/feeds claims of supremacy.

My point: while many vendors may never hire and retain the skilled and experienced business-savvy product marketing talent to respond to these ongoing challenges (there are few available), they can learn how to apply GenAI tools to supplement the skills of existing employees.

Let's raise the bar of expectations, and resolve a big issue that restricts revenue growth.

That was my main takeaway from this podcast topic. I welcome your thoughts.

David H. Deans, GeoActive Group

https://portfolio.geoactivegroup.com

Go to the TSIA Portal for more information and insights.