Backlog Reduction Strategies

Options

Specifically in a data center environment, what techniques have you implemented that led to increased productivity of backlog reduction? If you have anything related to tips/tricks you've found successful in Jira specifically to help with this increased productivity that would be great.

Comments

• Jerome Peck
    Jerome Peck Member, TSIA Administrator | admin
    Options

@Mariah Stoermer @Kim Metz any insights here for Melissa?

• Oscar Ceballos
    Options

The reduction of backlog in service delivery and operations is fundamentally tied to automation. Although I'm not familiar with Jira, which is extensively used across various industries, at BMC we have a deep understanding of automations and AIOps. This expertise has allowed us to significantly enhance operational efficiency and streamline service processes. Our solutions integrate seamlessly with various operational tools, proving our adaptability and technical prowess.

In terms of AIOps, our strengths lie in predictive maintenance, real-time analytics, and incident management—all crucial for improving service delivery speeds and operational reliability. Do you have any specific use case you are trying to improve? I recommend starting with a detailed assessment phase to understand and break down the different types of backlog and the chances to introduce automation.

• @Oscar Ceballos Thank you for your insights! No specific use case, but what you stated here, "I recommend starting with a detailed assessment phase to understand and break down the different types of backlog and the chances to introduce automation." is very insightful.

There is some automation already in use, but what you stated takes thinking a step further. When I do backlog review I can look closer to see where automation may benefit the organization especially in instances where we have to utilize cross functional collaboration for resolution.